Using A Basketball To Make A Better Shoulder Turn

0

Posted by Dexter Francois | Posted in , , | Posted on Thursday, September 30, 2010

It has been raining a lot here in South Florida over the past week. Makes it very hard to get any practice in. I was stuck inside all day yesterday and I had the itch to swing the club. I could have practiced in the rain, which I have done, but after so much rain, my laboratory is certainly flooded.

I need to practice because I want to work on making a better shoulder turn. I have a feel for the one-piece takeaway but I feel like I am not making a full turn. When I hit poor shots, I can feel that it more a turn with the arms rather tan with the shoulders.

I know that a full turn makes a difference, because when I do it properly, the ball jumps off the club face. I also feel like I am hitting through the ball instead of hitting at the ball when I make a good turn.

While browsing YouTube, I found this video from Chris Ruiter for a drill on making a proper shoulder turn. It caught my eye because he was using a basketball as a prop. Before discovering golf, I was a basketball fanatic. For me it was eat, sleep, basketball. Now it is eat, sleep, golf like these guys.

Chris is a former player on the collegiate level turned golf coach and he came up with a way to use the basketballs that he had laying around as teaching aides for golf. The drill is easy to perform and it helps to pass the time when it is raining cats and dogs outside.

Hope this drill helps to improve your game so that you can have more fun on the golf course. Have a great round and always hit your target.




Claim Your Free Weekly Golf Swing Videos Here!

Comments (0)