Taming The Downhill Lie Bunker Shot

1

Posted by Dexter Francois | Posted in , | Posted on Thursday, October 15, 2009

Everyone is talking about social media. Just about everybody has a Facebook account. Everyone is twittering including top players Ian Poulter and Christina Kim.

Social Media has also crossed over into the golf world. Social golf sites are popping up all over the internet. I have explored sites such as oobgolf.com and The Golf Space. Golf forums are popular as well with Golf Rewind and The Sand Trap leading the way when searching "golf forums" on google.

My favorite social golf website is Stracka.com. I feel it is the easiest the navigate and the most interactive site that I have been a part of. Through Stracka you can post your scores, pictures, and videos and leave comments and analysis.

In my last post, I talked about the plugged bunker shot being my nemesis. One of my fellow Strackonians Sylla reminded me that there may be something even trickier. The downhill lie bunker shot.

There is nothing worse than having a downhill lie and trying to get it up on to the green and have it stop somewhere around the hole. I added the comment, "imagine if there was water behind the hole." Now you have that added pressure of not hitting it into the drink. No bueno.

Here's a video that may give you some insight on how to get out of this messy situation. See if they work for you. If you have any other tips, feel free to leave a comment. We are all just trying to have fun and improve.

Have a good one and always hit your target.




Claim Your Free Weekly Golf Swing Videos Here!

Comments (1)

  1. October 19, 2012 at 6:03 PM

    Looks like the downhill sand shot is hit like a flop shot. It looked as if contact was made with the ball. I suspect that the ball is splashed out on a cushion of sand as in other sand escapes.

    http://hittingthegolfball.com